Become divemaster with FKD!
Are you tired of your routine? Do you feel like discovering the world? Diving is your passion and you secretly dream of making it your profession, join French Kiss Diversus, pass it divemasterand become a dive guide!
The divemaster is the first professional certification; it is the first step towards becoming a diving instructor. With this professional training, you will be able to accompany already certified divers on dives.
1 - Theoretical part
The Theoretical training is divided into 2 parts.
First the Dive Guide, which covers the role of the dive professional, the terminology, history and philosophy of SSI. Then you’ll learn all about dive planning, group outings and any other activity related to diving.
Beyond the practical training for the management, the actions on the boat, at the club and the security, we will work on the briefings and the way to apprehend the customers.
The theoretical training of the dive guide is generally done over 2 sessions of 2 hours and several small workshops. It will conclude with a 50 question multiple choice exam.
The second part consists of studying the Science of Diving divided into 5 areas:
- Decompression Theory
These parts will be studied with your instructor. They each include 2 hours of classes.
At the end of these you will have a 100-question multiple choice exam.
2 - Practical side
To be divemaster you must of course have professional skills as a diver.
You’ll have to realize:
PHYSICAL TESTS: SWIMMING and DIVING
- 700 meters with fins, mask and snorkel in less than 20 minutes or 300 meters freestyle
- Horizontal apnea over 25 meters with fins, mask and snorkel
- Floats on the surface of the water for 15 minutes unaided
- Pull an unconscious diver 100 meters in less than 8 minutes (divers will always be equipped).
- Stress rescue exercise of an unconscious diver underwater and on the surface by removing his equipment.
- Stress test on an equipment exchange with his buddy
- Skill-circuits (learning to demonstrate all the exercises of the open water)
- To know how to orientate oneself with and without equipment once immersed in water (computer, compass…)
- Presentation of the F.F.E.S.S.M (French Federation of Underwater Studies and Sports)
- SMB, learn how to deploy a signal parachute
- Evacuation plan, know how to establish an emergency evacuation plan on a site chiefly
- Briefing, learn how to make a specific briefing for maintained diving
- Mapping, learn how to map an underwater site
3 - Then assistantship
Assisting the instructors and divemasterour team will certainly be the most important and interesting part of your training.
During your 2 months of internship, you will assist our instructors during all the courses they can teach: try scuba, open water You can also take any specialty course for which you are already certified. During these assistantships you will have the opportunity to refresh your skills, but also to take them to the next level.
Become an advisor
You will also learn how to deal with other divers’ problems, how to deal with advisors and to always make sure that they progress and understand your explanations. It will also be the perfect opportunity to see if you are cut out to teach diving.
But you will also assist our team of divemasters. You will be able to improve your navigation, the quality of your briefings and your group control in general, until you are competent enough to be able to accompany your first certified divers, alone, like a divemasterProfessional.
4 - And sales and advice
Like every person in the diving center, the divemastermust be able to inform the customers about the different courses and also to sell them. He or she must actively participate in the life of the club and therefore welcome, make them feel comfortable, inform and fill out the registration forms for new customers.